How to Apply New Ration Card Online
How to Apply New Ration Card Online
Ration Card Online- Tamil Nadu
Information regarding Ration Card in Tamil Nadu, Application Form, Update Ration Card in Tamil Nadu,
Correction, Deletion, Change in Name, Address, Apply For Ration Card in Tamil Nadu available on this
page. If you want to Apply New/ Duplicate Ration Card in Tamil Nadu including Including Chennai,
Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Tiruvallur, Tiruvallur, Thoothukudi, Thanjavur,
Tiruvallur and Kanyakumari district.
Ration Card Department in Tamil Nadu –
Department Name Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection Department
Address Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Ezhilagam, Chennai 600005
Phone No. 044 28583222 – 209
Official Website URL– www.consumer.tn.gov.in
Eligibility for Apply Ration Card in Tamil Nadu-
1. The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens.
2. The applicant and his/her family must be living and cooking separately
3. The applicant and his/her family must be ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu
4. The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India
5. The applicant or any of his/her family members must not be a member in any other family card in
6. The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
In Chennai Applications with documents should be submitted to the Assistant Commissioner of Civil
supplies of the Applicant’s area Zone. In the districts other than Chennai should be contacted to Taluk. Supply Officers of the Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department or Assistant Rationing
Officers (in Coimbatore city) of area from where applicants belongs.
Necessary Documents To be Enclosed
After filling the application form in required format, it should be proper signed or thumb impression. List of
documents that need to enclose is asA.
Proof of the applicant’s current residence in Tamil Nadu should be attached with it. Any one document
out of following is required as Address proof
1. Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
2. Property Tax Payment receipt in case of own house (current year)
3. Electricity Bill ( Last Month)
4. Telephone bill (Last Month)
5. Front page of the Bank Pass Book
6. Allotment orders in respect of persons residing at houses allotted by Slum Clearance Board
8. In case of rented house, Currently valid Tenancy Agreement
B. Surrender Certificate along with relevant family card issued by the card issuing authority if any card is
issued in the previous address or Name Deletion Certificate from the parent or guardian family card or
Noninclusion of name Certificate issued by the card issuing authority in the previous address
C. Details of LPG connection, if any, with details of name of consumer in whose name it is registered,
consumer number, LPG agency and Oil Company name.
Ration Card Procedure in Tamil Nadu-
1. Filled Application form along with the documents should be submitted to the respective offices. A self
addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard should be pasted to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicants and mobile number or email addresses should also be filled for sending the
status of application to them.
2. After submission of applications, an acknowledgement slip will be given by the authorities to the
applicants and this acknowledgement slip will contain the date and time of the application , serial number
and date of final disposal and ofifce seal. After that the application form will be sent for the verification.
3. Concerned officer or inspector will inspect the information filled by the applicant. Inspection will be
carried out within the 30 days of the submission of applications. In case it is not done within the stipulated
time so applicant can talk to Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer on this matter.
4. If the verification report found true, then the application will be approved and card will be sent for the
printing. Government of Tamil Nadu has fixed the time limit for passing orders on applications for new
ration as 60 days from the date of application. After the printing of the ration Card, a post card will be
sent to the applicant requesting him to collect the card from the respective office within 15 days.
5. Applicant need to carry Acknowledgement slip with him while collecting the Ration Card or in case of
the information found false at the time of verification, a post card specifying rejection reasons will be
delivered to the applicant’s address.
6. In case, the head of the family (applicant) is not able to collect the ration card due to any valid reason,
the applicant/head of family may send a letter authorizing any other member of the family to collect the
family card on his/her behalf.
7. Such a letter must have the signature of the other member of the family attested by the applicant. The
person so authorised may collect the card after surrendering the acknowledgement slip issued at the
time of submission of the application.
If the detail in application form found fake/false like applicant has mention the false data such as
inclusion of family members who are already included in any other family card in Tamil Nadu or
elsewhere, does not disclose information on LPG connection etc. then under the section 7 of Essential
Commodities Act he would be liable for criminal prosecution and consequent punishment.
Application Fee for Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
Applicant will be charged Rs. 5/ as fee for the new ration card and this should be paid to the concerned
AC or TSO Office.
Types of Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
Applicants for ration cards are given a card type based on their choice.
All Commodity Ration Cards– It is of green Colour and issued to the cardholders opting for rice as well
as all other essential commodities.
Sugar Cards– It is of White colour and will be issued to the cardholders opting for sugar instead of Rice.
Cardholders can buy all other essential commodities, except rice
No Commodity Cards – This card is of white colour and issued to the cardholders who do not want any
commodity under Public Distribution System
For Renewal of Family Card in Tamil Nadu-
1. Go to the Link i.e. http://220.127.116.11:8080/newfcp/nonecardrenewal2015.htm
2. Enter the Ration card Number.
3. Select the Family Card Type.
4. Clcik on ” Submit” Option.
After the process, follow the guidelines given on the website. After this, the renewal process will be
started by the department, and the Ration Card will be renewed and will be delivered to you with in the
prescribed time period.